This is part 1 of a 2-part series to help consolidate important information for Service Members for easy reference. The information contained here is accurate as of April 10, 2020. Part 2 will focus on what we’re hearing from Members and AHJs regarding the challenges, processes and opportunities they are experiencing in the field and office.
How BuildingReports Is Assisting the Membership Network
BuildingReports is currently working remotely to ensure business continuity and uninterrupted operations for our entire membership network (AHJ’s, Service Companies and Facilities). For our ScanSeries members (premium barcode scanning services), BuildingReports University wants to help your ITM teams and administrators stay productive and increase their working knowledge of ScanSeries and Building Reports during the COVID-19 outbreak, by providing complimentary online training, further information via these links:
As of Tuesday, May 12th, we have received 110 registrations for a total of 156 webinar sessions from Service & Facility Members.
In addition, our Regional Member Success Managers will continue meeting with Members remotely to review account activity, answer general questions, assist with new features and functionality, and take feedback we can utilize to continue to improve our products and services. Please be sure to contact them to schedule a meeting if they can be of assistance.
BuildingReports is also accepting guest blog contributions* from members to help drive more exposure and demonstrate thought leadership. Topics should be educational in nature and targeted toward increasing awareness and knowledge of fire and life safety ITM best practices, codes and standards. Existing content from Members’ own blogs and new content is welcome, especially from members who do not maintain their own blogs and need assistance in garnering more exposure. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to submit a post.
*All guest contributions include full attribution, including links to Member websites, and are subject to approval by the Member. Member may request content to be removed at any time.
How the Industry is Supporting ITM Service Providers and Facility Management
As you’ve probably seen, industry associations are providing guidance and lobbying on behalf of their members. Here are some links to learn more about those efforts:
- National Fire Protection Association
- Guidance for Maintaining Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems Regardless of Occupancy Type
- More updates are also available via their page dedicated to these types of resources.
- As of April 7th, the NFPA is still planning to hold the 2020 Conference & Expo
- National Fire Sprinkler Association
- Letter from President Shane Ray and Board Chair Kent Mezaros
- COVID-19, Construction Practices, and Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance
- NFSA Works Diligently on Being “Essential” During COVID-19 and on Tax Incentives for the Future
- Executive Summary: Key Provisions of $2 Trillion Federal Coronavirus Relief Act
- American Fire Sprinkler Association
- National Association of Fire Equipment Dealers
- Fire Suppression Systems Association
- COVID-19 Resource Page (membership and registration required)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- Official US Website
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Cyber Infrastructure & Security Agency
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- CARES Act Guide
Additionally, hand washing and other guidelines from the CDC are important, but so is ensuring that mobile devices equipped with ScanSeries are properly cleaned (especially for organizations that employ a shared device process). Here is information for sanitizing mobile devices being used for inspections from supported manufacturers: