ATLANTA – October 28, 2016 - BuildingReports University, the educational arm of BuildingReports and a leading training resource for the Fire and Life Safety industry, has announced its 2017 schedule for Basic Fire Alarm lab and classroom training. Since launching in 2005, Inspector's Boot Camp has delivered over 30 classes with more than 500 graduates who have earned over 15,000 continuing education hours.
The 5-day course delivers a hybrid of classroom, lab, facility inspection and role playing training. The Basic Fire Alarm class will be held at one of the finest fire alarm labs in the country, Aiken Technical College in Aiken, SC. Attendees will learn best industry practices in the Fire Alarm System Training (FAST) lab, which includes over 20 different fire alarm systems. The systems include peripheral devices, working sprinkler systems, fire pumps, safety equipment, and extinguishing and suppression systems. Students will leave with a better understanding of NFPA 72 codes and standards, along with an understanding of inspection best practices and improved customer service skills.
- March 20-24, 2017
- May 8-12, 2017
- November 6-10, 2017
- Shuttle service to and from Augusta Regional Airport, and to and from the hotel and Aiken Technical College each day.
- All meals, including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Hotel accommodations.
- Classroom materials and equipment, including valuable tools that attendees can bring back with them for use on the job:
- Battery tester ($374.00 retail value)
- Sound meter ($139.00 retail value)
- NFPA 27 manual ($96.50 retail value)
In 2016, BuildingReports University added curriculum to help attendees prepare for Level 1 NICET Inspection and Testing Certifications for Fire Alarm. On the last day of class, attendees can make arrangements now take one of the following exams to earn their certification. (Attendees are responsible for completing all NICET prerequisite requirements, which includes applying for the exam.)