January 30, 2015 (ATLANTA, GA) - ScanSeries 2.1 for iOS is now available for download from the Apple App Store. In addition to updates and modifications based on your feedback, this release also includes several enhancements to improve the user experience and add important functionality to the leading mobile fire and life safety inspection application.
BuildingReports' ScanSeries users are encouraged to update the application to the current version immediately to take advantage of enhancements such as:
- User interface improvements to camera scan such as the ability to use the camera's built-in flash for barcode camera scanning in low-light working conditions.
- A new Refresh feature allows users to use the "pull-down" method on the Settings screen that allows users to quickly and easily refresh the device connection to the sled on touch-screen devices. For example, if the application is displaying No Sled in the settings menu and the user performs a rest on the attached sled, users can simply use a finger to "pull down" on the screen to refresh the page and display when the sled is connected successfully.
One of the most requested enhancements is finally now available in v2.1 providing users with the new options when users Download New/Routine. For Download New/Routine, users now have the option to:
- Retrieve Previous Device Note(s) from previous inspection.
- Retrieve Previous Inspection Note(s) from previous inspection.
- Set those options as default for the scanning device moving forward so that new routines are automatically include the settings the user has chosen.
For iOS can now take advantage of a feature similar to the Android version, as 2.1 allows convenient linking to the App Store ScanSeries page when an update is available. Any questions or comments can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at +1 770-495-1993.